Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's Getting Real, Folks!!

December 14, 2013


        Today, my friends, is a red letter day!!  Our "Golden Ticket" along with a few other documents are heading to Zach's country in Eastern Europe, making our Dossier COMPLETE!!  This makes us first in line to have it submitted in the middle of January after the government there gets back to work after the Holiday's!!  

    The neatest thing happened last night while I was at the UPS store, where we have our mailbox and I do all of our shipping.  The staff in there is super nice and have been really excited about "participating" in our adoption process with us.  They have notarized several of our documents and overnighted countless packages all over the country for us. So, last night I was telling Caroline that these were the last documents and how important they were and she stopped typing on the computer and laid her hands on mine (that were resting on top of the papers) and said a quick prayer blessing them!  I was totally blessed by her in that moment!!   

     Now that all of our paperwork is completed (for now), we have launched a new fundraiser!  Some of you may have seen it already, on Facebook.  For those of you who have not heard about it, we have been blessed by another talented friend of ours Tobin Rogers.  Tobin designed the image you see below for us!!  



     We have partnered with Booster.Com to sell T-shirts with this awesome graphic!  It is our goal to sell 500 shirts!  We launched our site a couple of days ago and have sold 28 so far!  They are only $20 and the more we sell the more we make on each shirt.  If we meet or exceed our goal of 500 we would be getting about $13/shirt, which is amazing!!  We are accepting orders until the 24th, so only 11 more days to get your order in!!  The shirts will get printed about two weeks after the ordering period and will get shipped directly to YOU!!  Unfortunately, the shirts won't be here in time for Christmas, but they do say LOVE on them, so maybe for Valentine's day gifts?! (Geez!  I sound worse the the marketing people at the stores!)  

Here is the link to our Booster T-Shirt Campaign:


     Even if you aren't able to purchase a shirt right now, please feel free to share this link on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest...you get the idea!  You never know whose life may have been touched by adoption and they may want an awesome Graphic-T to wear and share!  I love this design so much because it really applies to anybody who is part of the adoption community. Whether you are adopting, have been adopted, or are an advocate for adoption it can mean something to you.  

" Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27 NLT

"No, I will not abandon you as orphans-I will come to you." John 14:18 NLT

     We also continue to collect used shoes, clothing, bedding, purses, and belts so if you live in the HOUSTON area I am willing to come and get anything you are willing to give me!  15,000 lbs. is a lot!! 


  Also, don't forget about our Amazon Associate link!!  Anytime you access Amazon through our link and make a purchase they give us 6% of that sale!  Every little bit adds up!  You can access it through the search box on the right side of the blog or through the tab at the top that says "Amazon Associates Link."

  As always, we are so thankful for all the encouragement, love and support you all give us!  We wouldn't have made it this far without you!  Please continue to pray for us and for Zach!  He has waited far to long already for a family to love him and as we pass each of these milestones the urgency we feel to get to him increases.  We are coming sweet boy, we are coming! 

"But God did listen!  He paid attention to my prayer.  Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me." Psalm 66:19-20 NLT 

  




2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you, and that my husband and I are so excited that you are in the process of adopting Zach. We have his Angel Tree ornament hanging on our tree right now and have been praying for him. I cried when his ornament arrived, at the thought he was still alone. But last night while looking at his page on Reece's Rainbow, I figured out that he has a family coming for him. That makes me so incredibly happy!! Continued prayers for Zach and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for Zach also. His angel tree ornament is on my tree, and we keep our tree up year-round, decorating it for the different seasons. He is the same age as one of my sons, and my children were excited to help him. I'm sorry I can't help more, but we are out of work right now. I do KNOW that God cares and provides, and I'm sure He will provide so you can bring this adorable child from an orphan-unfriendly country HOME.

    ReplyDelete